Saturday, November 4, 2006

Vario-mammates!

Well this one is in response to my friend Vinod's (and many others') suggestion to me that I should write a few Interesting posts too, something like the post on his blog titled "Steatomammate".(For the meaning kindly refer his blog Mindless Musings)

So I thought why not begin with the example supplied by him itself.
So here I provide the users of the word Steatomammate a few more words to compliment it. I am very confident that a lot of people would find these words pretty useful in their daily conversations.

1. The Antonym: (Vinod didn't find this one out) Leptomammate

2. Now Steato is for 'fat' but I often find people who need to use a prefix that can convey the meaning 'soft'. So this one is for them: Malacomammate

3. Now if 'soft' is there theres got to be one for 'hard' too. So there it goes: Scleromammate

4. And in case you just wanna describe a good one you can use : Eumammate

Well actually one can go on this way but I guess these many words would be enough to support your daily lingo needs! ha ha ha........

P.S: Well Vinod, hope you dont call this plagiarism as I not only found those prefixes myself but also gave you the due credit! ha ha...

Also, to those who may find this post offending, I urge them not to take the thing very seriously and just look the etymological aspect of it.

2 comments:

  1. read my comment at vinod's blog..in fact i've also elaborated on different permutations of the roots..hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a reason to cry now i suppose.... I think u better stick to yr own style. hope u dont mind... but i m bit philosophiocal types too.. an intense thinker.

    ReplyDelete